The exclusively designed Faculty Development Program at Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM) acquaints you with every segment serving modern businesses. Eminent faculties share their knowledge and practical experience. The major focus of FDP is to create a platform for participative and discussion oriented learning in most effective manner to help you stay updated.
Introduction of the topic :
Multi-Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) is the well-known branch of decision science. It is a branch of a general class of Operations Research Models which deals with decision problems under the presence of a number of decision criterion (Triantaphyllou et al., 1998). MCDM problems are common in everyday life. In personal context, a house or a car one buys can be characterized in terms of price, size, style, safety, comfort, etc. and the prioritizing of these characteristics would vary according to the need of an individuals. In business context, MCDM problems are more complicated and usually of large scale.
The proposed program includes application of different MCDM tools that can be used in varied situations requiring the decision making followed by a brief discussion on building research based on such type of tools
- Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)
- Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process (F-AHP)
- Interpretive Structural Model (ISM)
- Total Interpretive Structural Model (TISM)
- The Technique for Order of Preference by
- Similarity to Ideal Solution (TOPSIS)
- Decision Making Trial and Evaluation Laboratory (DEMATEL)
- Market Basket Analysis (MBA)
- Linking the tools into the research
- How to write the research paper for Scopus and Impact
- Factor Journals in Management
Mode of Delivery : Case Study / Practical Solutions/ Experience Sharing / Presentations